Free Tools to Help You Grow Your Business
Online Business Classes From DCCC
Did you know that the DCCC Small Business Center offers a wealth of free online business classes? Topics range from building a business to growing a business to navigating Covid-19 from a business perspective.
“Everything has changed so much in our world, but the one thing we can do is continue to learn,” said Caroline Moser, president of the Davie County Chamber of Commerce. “We are always so busy with our day to day work we don’t always take the time to look at ways to grow our business or in this case how we overcome our current situation with COVID-19. DCCC Small Business Center has many classes that are free to everyone and all you have to do is simply register. I encourage everyone to stretch their minds, embrace new knowledge and strive to reach new ways to elevate yourself and your business.”
Online Classes Sponsored by the DCCC Small Business Center in April
April 4, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- It’s easy to get caught up in panic and crisis mode and abandon marketing and sales in your business, but that is a huge mistake. Sales will automatically start to slow in most businesses just because of the global pandemic, so it’s more important than ever to proactively promote your business and remain on everyone’s radar.
April 6, 2-4 p.m.
- Learn the “how-to” of starting up a nonprofit organization in North Carolina.
April 7, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Developing a financial strategy is important so that you can survive the short-term cash crunch while not disadvantaging your long-term profitability.
April 9, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Incidents have just as much impact on your workers as they do your clientele. It’s critical to ensure they have the ability to fulfill their duties while protected.
April 13, 2-4 p.m.
- Gain an understanding of how to use data to substantiate community needs and gain/sustain funding.
April 14, 2-4 p.m.
- When big events or natural disasters come to town, it’s important to have a plan in place to deal with the risks that could affect your business.
April 16, 6-8 p.m.
- Strong businesses build their brand to be authentic, cohesive and compelling.
April 20, 2-4 p.m.
- Learn how nonprofits can effectively utilize web and email communications, online fundraising tools, and mobile and social media.
April 21, 2-4 p.m.
- Don’t wait until a crisis strikes. Prepare now to reduce the impact on your business.
April 23, 2-4 p.m.
- The business world is full of unexpected surprises and those who learn to use their Emotional Intelligence to navigate through them have been known to have long-term success.
April 27, 2-4 p.m.
- Discover the basic financial requirements that impact nonprofit operation. Learn best practices in board fiduciary duties, budgeting basics, and yearly financial reporting requirements.
April 28, 2-4 p.m.
- Learn the necessary elements your small business needs to survive and thrive and five things most companies ignore that they shouldn’t in preparedness planning.
April 30, 2-4:30 p.m.
- Learn how to enhance and implement your emotional intelligence skills so that decisions made during big events put your business on the path to success.
How to Register Online
Get Registration Information Here:
Moser and Larson are working together to schedule additional webinars. Moser is also collaborating with other local chambers to push out a series of webinars from Action Coach. Check the Chamber’s calendar for details.