Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest furniture manufacturer in the world. The company broke ground in Davie County in 2013 on what has become the largest furniture manufacturing and distribution center in the world. The facility sits on 668 acres in Advance, NC, and is home to 4.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution space.
A valued member of the community, Ashley Furniture is a generous partner of Davie County Schools including its Ashley for the Arts initiative and a VEX Robotics grant of more than $36,000.
Ashley Furniture chose Davie County based on its pro-business attitude and the availability of a skilled workforce, strong workforce development programs, and well-developed utility, energy, communication, and transportation assets.
Fun Facts about Ashley Furniture:
- Ashley is a family-owned business
- Has 30,000 employees worldwide of with 16,000 are in the US
- Sells furniture in 155 countries around the world
- 4th largest user of shipping containers in the world with more than 150,000 per year
- Had sales of 6.5 billion dollars last year
- Contributes over 2.7 billion to the economy in the US annually
- The Ashley Fleet travels the equivalent of more than 160 trips to the moon and back each year.